Thursday 9 February 2012

Gut Feelings

'Gut feelings' are informal judgement tools in many ways.
I often hear other social workers say, 'Looks prefect on the assessments
but my gut tells me otherwise.'

I had a feeling yesterday that a client may have passed away.
It is a case I talked about last month about the carer's funding.
I was going to email the provider today rather than the wife as
my involvement has ended and I would not have to make such contact.
I received an email about lunch time from the provider informing me
that he had passed away yesterday. How strange!
This is my second case that I had this feeling of know someone's death.
I felt my grandmother's death too actually.

May he rest in peace............

It does make me scared at times when it is this accurate.
However, my gut feelings can sometimes be so wrong in my personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment