Thursday 5 May 2011

Challenging Conversations

I was on two days training at St.Christopher's Hospice
on 'Challenging Conversations in End of Life Care'
It was an excellent training. I am feeling quite overloaded now
and will have an early night as I have a light headache.
I was the only social worker among nurses and a doctor
but there was nice mixture of comments and views.

It is certainly is a very difficult area for professionals to discuss 
and it is whether we as professionals are able to contain the context. 
Furthermore, it is also about picking up the cues when 
people use symbolic terms and languages
when the 'D' word is so avoided in the Western world and
other parts of the world.

I will add more tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. I'm very curious, wanted to quickly know. what is the meaning of D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't managed to follow up, will do soon.
    Death is what everyone will encounter one day and everyone thinks the one days is far far away, when you never know what is waiting for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete