Sunday 16 October 2011

John Martin- Apocalypse

I had a free entry to this special exhibition at Tate Britain through a friend.
We did not have much time so we scanned two exhibitions super quickly.
I was there today to see J. Waterhouse's 'Ophelia' after seeing
Melancholia yesterday.

Scanned cover
























                 

                   21 sept 11- 15 jan 12

However, I have to say it was a new discovery of John Martin
which I did not really like his paintings but it was more so the content
of his paintings that has grabbed my attention.

My friend was in front of  'The great day of his wrath, 1851' (below)

Scanned

















and pointed at the people on the ground nearly dying said
'......evil, faithless, corrupt.....'
Don't all human beings have these elements but at a different degree?

...................Inspiration inspiration inspiration.................................
I would be most happy if I could be an inspiration in whatever area one
need to be inspired in.




No comments:

Post a Comment