Wednesday 11 January 2012

Loss in Emotions

I have only managed to come back to my own case work
yesterday after 3 days full duty and a sick leave since
coming back from Christmas leave.

It is not clear whether I had a good time off that I have
loss tract with my cases or I have lost interest in work.
I think it will be bit of both as I really struggle to go to work
today. It is not about having interesting cases to work with.
I have enough complex cases to work on that are demanding.

I had a late visit at one of my MDN service user who is
always a delight to see. She also gave me a small Christmas gift,
a bottle of Baileys. She never forgets it, this is my second one,
I hope to get it year after years....what I am trying to say is that
I am not sure how long she will be healthy for.
I always take a deep breath whenever I receive a call in relations to
MND service users as it could be a surprise news.
However, I must say I somewhat did not have much emotional
strenght to be present with her. I hate this feeling of being so
detached from what I do. I know I cannot always be emotionally
charged as I am a human being but I felt so distant.....


.

No comments:

Post a Comment