Tuesday 24 January 2012

You have 1 month....

I had a couple of new cases allocated today.
One was one of my ex-service user who I worked with
for over one year, a pretty chaotic case...
alcohol misuse, financial abuse, constant falls, difficult partner etc

I heard about her cancer diagnosis few months ago
and I remember posting about cancer cases last year.
Her prognosis is so poor...1 month...lung cancer can develop
so quickly and the pain is unbearable. It is quite sad to see
someone die slowly but I always advocate for a good death
and I will try to assist her for a comfortable death.

Yes, a good death will be a very relative concept but I try to
deliver is a good death by fulfilling ones wish of the place
of death e.g. home, hospital. You will be surprise to know
that majority of people die in hospital which is often against
their wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment