Tuesday 18 January 2011

Cuba- Baracoa

The last city in the east I visited with such beautiful nature. 
I so loved the coconut covered mountains.
They are known for their coconut, coffee and coco plantations.
My favourite city which was so different from the world I know.




A unique split trunk coconut tree

Cutting the coconut straight from the tree for us!
It was so refreshing.


 Compared to other cities it was much poorer 
but it had so much character!




 My casa (home stay) breakfast.
Every casa has its own style but the ones in Baracoa will have 
freshly made hot chocolate alongside fresh coffee. 
I was so spoilt!

A view from the peck of El Yunque 572m.
This is no cheating! I did climb up the mountain.
It's the mountain you see on the first photo that has the flat top
in the distance but it is not flat when you go up.

 The prove with our Baracoa tour guide Bunny (far right).

 A hut with a farmer selling fresh fruits.
Unlimited fruits for 1 peso (£0.70), so fresh and juicy!
The coconut and honey was divine!


No comments:

Post a Comment