Thursday 8 September 2011

Family Meeting

I have attended a family meeting for one of my brain injury service user (su)
which was organised by my service user's youngest daughter's counsellor.
I was very impressived with the effort of all the professionals who attended
the meeting and especially all the family members including the three children!


I will list the attendees to give you an idea of who and what was discussed to
support my SU and her family. However, due to confidentiality, I am not
able to discuss the details of the meeting but it was good to have everyone at one table
to think about a way forward. It is going to be a VERY gradual process for my SU.

-Physical Disabilities senior practitioner
-Physical Disabilities social worker- that's me and we are funding the residential placement
-Mental Health Nurse
-Occupational Therapist
-Staff from my service user's current residential placement
-Daughter's play therapist
-Service user's advocate (voluntary sector)
-Family- husband, mother-in-law, three children (4y/ 9y/ 13y)
-My service user could not attend


A sunny evening after a busy day is always welcomed.


Guy's Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment