Thursday 15 September 2011

Saucy News

My team was bombarded with telephone calls from a press company
asking of a service user, I was her previous social worker and so happy
that I am not the current one. We saw her on a local newpaper with her
current photo which I was so shock to see her deterioated so badly.
Her story would be a material for e.g The Sun or Daily Mail that can
destory the reputation of the public sector.

Not sure how and why she went to the press to give or sell her story but
it is not a plesant time for my team nor the council's press department.
My manager and the allocated social worker were emailing and taking
ridiculous calls asking and demanding for confidential information of the
service user, such as, 'off the record information' as if we will be willingly
providing what they want. We have told the press company to contact the
council's press department not the individual team. So much legal implications
to data protection aspect of my work.

It is amazing to see what we have to put up with at work at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment