Tuesday 14 September 2010

Hoog Sangsoo in London

Discovering Korean film director,
Hong Sangsoo (홍상수) in London
@ BFI (British Film Institute).
All of his films are showing over the next few weeks, 5-28 Sept '10
Hanging on the notice board in my flat

A colleague mentioned about his film showing at
BFI and he was going to see his latest film 'HAHAHA'.
I didn't make it for that one, but him, his partner and I
arranged to see his debut film 'The day a pig fall into the wall,1996'(돼지가 우물에 빠진 날) over the weekend.
I have seen is film so many years ago, but couldn't remember
any of it. I enjoyed it this time, it was a lot of reality in such
a realistic way, which you don't tend to see this level of depth in
films nowadays. Very well shoot with low budget 
but it can be quite depressing and heavy.... 
I was so surprised to see so many non-Koreans in the cinema, 
there were only a hand full of Koreans including me.  
I might go and see another film....Quite a interesting feeling 
seeing Korean films in the cinema in London! 

No comments:

Post a Comment