Saturday 18 September 2010

The Pope's State Visit


I knew Pope Benedict XVI was visiting but I was totally 
unaware that traffic could be so heavily affected. 
A friend is visiting and we planned to go to Sloane Square, Chelsea
yesterday and we waited and waited for the bus for 20 minutes
then someone was talking about the road closures 
of the Pope's state visit. 
TfL missed a sign on that particular bus stop
so we took to tube (underground) instead. 

Can you feel the effect of his highness' presence in the UK?
I'm an Anglican (nearly Anglo Catholic?!) so it's a moment 
for me but I'm not that moved as most Catholics would be.

We wanted to be clever today and took to Tube to
Victoria Station for a day trip to Oxford.
Off we went!


2 comments:

  1. 즐겁고 풍요로운 추석 지내시길!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 추석 잘 쇠셨기를...저는 아픈 바람에 이틀째 출근도 못 하구 집에서 쉬고 있습니다. 내일은 출근을 하길 고대(?)해보며!

    ReplyDelete