Saturday 19 March 2011

EDT

EDT stands for Emergency Duty Team
what is also called Out of Hours social work.
Yes, I was working today under the glorious sun.
However, I could not complain as it was extremely quiet.
I only had two calls, but the first one happen to be
a death of a 85 year old man in a nursing home.
It was interesting how unattached I was to this news
and I was able to close down the man's information on
the data base system with much less emotions compared my own cases.
As I often thought it was a bit cold to tick the deceased box
the moment you were notified of one's death.
May he rest in peace.......

This is where the office is based....
I don't like the idea of working in a hospital building, it's too clinical.
I am fine to go once or twice a month but not permanently.

























It is an Victorian building (listed).




















Not sure how this photo came about, but it's cool!

















 



No comments:

Post a Comment