Monday 14 March 2011

MND Community Link Meeting

My first day back to work after a week off. 
I did not get to do much of my own work as I was on duty half day 
and MND community link meeting the afternoon.

The meeting is held every three months at King's College Hospital
which is a MDT (Multi-Disciplinary Team). 
I started attending as I have two active MND* cases.
It is helpful for the team as there are MND patients known to 
hospital but not yet known to my team. They may be referred to my 
team in future if they deteriorate further. 

We had an informative session before case discussions about 
21st International Symposium and Allied Professionals' Forum that was held in US. 
One of the consultant who attended and fed back some of the highlights 
and the current scientific and clinical  issues. 

An Australian resource link



* MND- Motor Neurone Disease 
MNDA (Motor Neurone Disease Association) has lots of resources 
and information if anyone is interested in knowing more about the condition.




No comments:

Post a Comment