Thursday 3 November 2011

Another loss....

What a week!
First news I had this morning as I walked into the office,
a note on my desk stating a death of a service user.....yesterday afternoon.
This is my second deceased notificiation this week.

One was a cancer service user
and the other was a motor neurone disease service user.
I worked with the latter service user for nearly 2 years and there was
a lot of work required at the beginning. She had 24 hours care at home in the end.
I did not feel ready to ring her son today, but will drop him a call early
next week. I bought a card to send to the family signed by
all the professionals who worked with her, an occupational therapist,
a physiotherapist and palliative care team.
I little warm touch won't be too unprofessional I guess.



I heard about the death of my close friend's father after a bitter battle with cancer
at the weekend too. I was not surprised as his cancer was at such an advance stage.
Whatever the reason, loss of a love one is a really sad news....

May everyone rest in peace.........

No comments:

Post a Comment