Tuesday 1 November 2011

John Waterhouse...2009

John William Waterhouse
@ Royal Academy of Arts
27 Jun- 13 Sept 2009


Circe Offering the Cup to Odysseus, 1891

Waterhouse was not really one of the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood
but adopted their style to some extend and painted after their time.

The Lady of Shalott, 1888

The Mermaid, 1901

Mariamne,1887

Psyche Opening the Golden Box, 1903

I was meaning to upload this for ages...in fact for the last two years!
I went to the exhibition with Laura who also loves the Pre-Raphaelite paintings.
That summer was an interesting and a painful one if I remember right....
I can still remember the day being very sunny and nice but
my feelings did not match up to the bright day.

I think I might have found another friend who likes the Pre-Raphaelite paintings.
Hope you enjoy these paintings if you are visiting my blog!


(photos are from scanned leaflet and postcards)

No comments:

Post a Comment