Monday 23 August 2010

Monday! Monday!

I somewhat hate Mondays..so tiring though I rest
over the weekend. I almost got to my office on my bike 
this morning thinking it was Sunday!
I had so much paperwork to catch up,
but I was so sleepy and tired.
Not sure how much coffee I had, obviously it didn't work.
I did manage to get a decent amount of work completed...
My mind was drafting somewhere far far away...let it be!
   
           **********************************

These runner beans are from a service user's garden.
 

















She insisted and I didn't want to be rude not to pick any 
so I just picked these. They were big! 
Below is her garden that won the Best Front Garden in Southwark!
My photos are crap!
But she had graps, squash, cucumber, rose, sunflower in 
such a small space and all in harmony. Really pretty!

























Today reminded of her who I visited last Monday
so tempted to postpond the visit as I did not really
feel like going and it was in Peckham as well. 
(Mind you, I have not cancelled or postponded any visits 
unless I'm not well...)
However, it turned out that she was so inspirational that 
I gained energy through her, so glad to have visited her. 

She made an interesting point that I was the first non-white
English social worker she has met (when social worker are so 
divers, but I guess it's still quite a white middle class profession?).
And she feels comfortable with me to discuss her issues and 
she was a black woman from Trindad, very strong minded person. 

I remember my last interview question for this post was, 
'What are your strengths and weaknesses?'
I answered, 'Strength...my non-Englishness, being a Korean, 
which I can understand and empathise better of the divers 
group of people living in Southwark.' It seems to have paid off. 
Of course, the weakness is the opposite side of the coin, 
not fully understanding the Englishness.
























No comments:

Post a Comment