Wednesday 18 August 2010

Reform, Changes, Cuts....

Public spending cuts are announced almost everyday.

Local authority saving of 25 % was announced few months ago.
Strategies and mechanisms have been introduced but
we shall wait and see whether it will actually work.
As we are already finding faults in the system.

Minsitry of Justice was all over the news last week,
Department of Work and Pension is on today regarding
the reform of the universal benefits,
Winter Fuel Allowance and Child Benefit.
Cutting Winter Fuel Allowance for over 60 and raising the age to 65. Child Benefit may be reduced? or Means-tested?

Click here to read more....BBC News

Why do I do this to myself during my lunch time?
Reading these news....
Maybe I cannot get away from my work! I'm sure not!!!!


.

2 comments:

  1. 어느 나라를 막론하고 같은 상황인 것 같습니다. 미국도 최악입니다. 몹시 힘든...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 그러게요. 영국이 이번에 총선에서 연합정부가 들었섰는데 보수당이 주류라서...공공기관은 정말 좀 힘드네요. 뉴스에서는 거의 매일 재정 삭감 소식이 들립니다. 미국도 다르지 않지요?

    ReplyDelete