Monday 11 October 2010

A Cup of Tea?

That is such a British phrase, 'a cup of tea?' in any situation. I really find it helpful especially when there is a tension as it just gives you that little bit of space to breath and think! The romance about the afternoon tea at work doesn't really happen in Social Services as we are too busy. We contently drink tea. I don't when I go to Korea as it tastes different I thinks it's the water and milk. 

I went to a supermarket at lunch time to get my lunch and some ordinary tea bags but the ones I want were out of stock, I'll have to go back! But I found this! Very soothing and surprisingly refreshing but not in an awakening sense of freshness. I really like it! And it works, I just had a mug about 30 minutes ago and I am feeling sleepy already...:) Definitely not for work, I bought white tea for work and this is for me at home! Clipper Sleep Easy


Drinking English tea for 8 years, I have developed a plate for it. I like my tea strong with just milk no sugar and I'll brew it with Tea Direct or Clipper black tea bags. And I also like Earl Grey...some people say it's like drinking perfume, it's because of the bergamot orange extract oil is added to black tea leaf. For Earl Grey, I like Whittard or Twinings ones. And for Chai, I use Whittard loose tea left which are smoother and the spices seems more balnaced than Twinings tea bags but I might try the loose ones. (In terms of high street brands..of course there are lots posher tea bags and loose tea.) Most importantly I try to go 'fair trade' with my tea bags. I would like to learn more about tea as I am writing about it. I did buy a simple book about tea recently, I might dig more into the world of tea. It will certainly be an expensive hobby!



No comments:

Post a Comment