Wednesday 6 October 2010

Evgeny Kissin @ RFH

I went to see a concert at Royal Festival Hall. 
Long last saw the genius pianist Evgeny Kissin.
He was amazing! Beyond description of his work and 
I was surprised that he played a piece for an on call.  













































Today's programme:
SUK Scherzo Fantastique
Very sweet piece of music, which I first heard but I love it. 
It reminded me of Spring time.
 
CHOPIN Piano Concerto No.2
A well know piece of Chopin's, but not heard played by Kissin. 
He became together with the piano. It was exquisite!
I would love to see him play Rachmaninoff.
 
DVORAK Symphony No. 9 (From the New World) 
Very famous work by Dvorak.....really enjoyed listening to it live.

London Philharmonic Orchestra
Neene Jarvi, Conductor
Evgeny Kissin, Piano

Kissin is next playing in London at Barbican on 13/02/11
playing Lizt's works. I will be booking that ticket!  

























Find me! I love the lightings in the next photo!


























 

No comments:

Post a Comment