Sunday 10 October 2010

Mother Teresa

People are often unreasonable.
Irrational and self-centred;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse 
you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some
unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere
people may deceive you;
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating 
others could destroy overnight;
Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness
some may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today 
will often be forgotten;
Do good anyway
Give your best anyway.
If the final analysis 
it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway. 

by Mother Teresa

I found a small laminated card with this
prayer by Mother Teresa between my Korean bible. 
I was just going through all the bits of paper to tidy up.
I think I got this when I left JVC in 2004.  
That seems like ages ago!

I didn't copy and paste the prayer I wrote it out myself
as if I was saying the prayers. 
It is simple yet powerful. 
I might take it to work and read it at the beginning 
of the day to set a calm scene for the day. 


 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment